Monday, November 14, 2011

New Perspective

A couple weeks ago, I decided to change my perspective from losing weight on the scale to concentrating on my core--since I am not losing weight anyway. I bought a medicine ball and a fitness bench to help me achieve the goal of getting my core in a state of visualization! I ordered the 8lb ball from WalMart.com for about $30 USD. The fitness bench I bought is made by Reebok and similar to this one from Amazon.com, but I found mine using Oodle.com for $40 USD.

J and I have been playing abdominal ball with and without the bench almost every night for 2 weeks. My abs stay tight now, which is a great feeling.

Another new thing I am incorporating is a "new to me" website called BodyRock.Tv I cannot say enough good things about this website! I have done 2 of the workouts from the site and already know, I'm going to LOVE using these workouts to strengthen my core.

Zuzana is a fabulous trainer. She goes through each workout in a normal routine, and then gives beginner alternatives to decrease the intensity for the newbies--like myself! At first, I thought 12-15 minutes didn't really seem like that long to do a workout, since I am a runner and have become accustomed to endurance training and hours of cardio. However, once I started doing the reps, I QUICKLY discovered these 12-15 minutes seem like a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment