Saturday, January 7, 2012

Training for My First 1/2 Mary--Take 2

For my birthday, I started training again for my first 1/2 Mary, scheduled for April 28, 2012 in Nashville, TN. I was foolish 2 yrs ago and tried to train for the Memphis 1/2 Mary in 2 months and re-injured my lower back.

This time, I am taking a different approach to the training schedule. I am offering myself much more time, and I am slowing the pace to hopefully avoid re-injury.

So, this was Week One. I am using Hal Higdon's Novice 1/2 Mary Training Schedule, since I can already run 3 miles with ease. I ran my first 4-miler Friday (01/06), the first one since last September. My entire body is sore, but not so much from running as it was from doing 2 days of BodyRock in a row--esp. my glutes. OUCH!

It was colder during the first part of the week with a wind advisory. I had to triple layer my clothing, add ski goggles and a beenie. I also had the K9s for hill interval training 2 of the days. Friday's run was much easier, as it was 68F outside and the K9s were out of town for the weekend!
I made four miles in 50 minutes and only walked 3 minutes and 20 seconds. My Polar estimated me burning 480 cals, I had to do a double-take!!

I am working Saturday/Sunday and will rest & be ready for week 2 starting Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment