Monday, June 13, 2011

Binging or Cheating

I was having difficulty with the terms “binging” versus “cheating” on my plan, so I decided to ask a few of my fellow 3FC forum posters what their definition was and this was their responses:

1st Responder

Cheat: Eating a food that I might usually avoid because of my lifestyle change or eating a certain food that I usually limit because it is high in fat/calories...

Binge-uncontrolled eating usually triggers by intense feelings of guilt, stress, past issues.....I usually consume large quantities of food in a short period of time, done in secret, kinda the eat mindlessly actually more like the gorge on food without appreciating or tasting....

2nd Responder

For me, cheating is going off my plan, it would usually be a snack that wasn't planned for or adding another wedge of cheese. Something in moderation that would not impact my weight loss or derail my progress. It's also usually a one-time event during a day/week.

For me binging is not only going off my plan, but losing control to the point where I eat anything and everything that I wanted. It could last a few hours. I used to go on for multiple days until I felt sick, though that hasn't happened in a long time, which in itself is a minor miracle.

3rd Responder

Cheat = Eating 1-3 servings of off plan food (not allowable food). This can be bread, candies, desserts.

Overeating = Eating 3 servings of on plan food (allowable food).

Binge = Eating 4 or more servings of off plan or on plan food (allowable or not allowable foods).

This is a good thing for me. I cheat far more than I binge, which is a great thing!! I am planning to use these definitions and the 3rd Responder’s measurable guide as a format of when I actually do binge.

This past weekend wrapped up 3 of the 3 birthday’s I had to attend this month (my mom’s). I took her ½ of an Italian Cream Cake I had purchased (one of my faves). I could have seriously eaten the entire cake in 2 sittings, but instead of binging, I decided to share!! Yaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment