Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pecan "Crepes"--It's What's for Breakfast!


I love pecan pancakes, especially those from Cracker Barrel. However, I don't like all of the calories and carbs associated with them--and ultimately that "starving" feeling that carbs give you a couple hours later.

Well, I am pleased to announce--Thanks to a kind, innovative South Beach Dieter
and a little creativity of my own ,
I have made an extremely yummi alternative.

Ingredients
1. 1/4 cup Egg Whites
2. 1/4 cup Regular Egg Beaters
3. 1/8 cup (31 grams) Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
4. 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
5. Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice
6. 1/2 packet Splenda
7. 15 grams chopped pecans
8. 15 mL Sugar Free Syrup
9. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray

Directions
Place ingredients 1-6 in a small food processor/chopper.
(I have a
Black N Decker Mini Pro)
Spin a couple times.
Pour batter into a 1 cup liquid measuring cup (easier to pour).
Heat a 6" skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
(I use butter flavor)
Place about 10 or so pecans in the pan. Cover with a small amount of batter. Swirl the pan around to make the crepe really thin. It should look similar to this:




Flip over when the first side is golden brown on the bottom. Makes 6 crepes.
Don't try to get by with 4 or 5 using a 6" skillet.
These are BEST served very thin!

Serve with 8 & 9.


Nutrition Information
via My Fitness Pal

Calories: 210
Fat: 13 g

Protein: 16 g

Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 283 mg
Carbs: 10 g

No comments:

Post a Comment