Saturday, May 14, 2011

Green Monster



My 1st attempt at a Green Monster was a HUGE success. I will have to admit that while I love all the ingredients, somehow combining them was a conflict in my mind. However, I quickly got over that with the first taste!
Yumminess all the way around!
Here's the recipe I used and the Green Monster website for other yummi flavors!

Ingredients
2 cups Organic spinach (uncooked)
1 TBS Hodgson Mill Flax Seed
1 small banana (80g)
1/4 c frozen raspberries
1 cup Almond Milk
ice

Place the ingredients into the blender in the following order: 1) Flax, 2) spinach, 3) banana, 4) raspberries, 5) milk. The reason for this order is so the heavier ingredients weigh down the flax and spinach and keep it from flying up around the blender and sticking to the side. Blend everything on the highest setting for 1 minute or so. Finally, add ice and blend on the ice setting. Pour into a large, fancy glass. Sit back, gulp it down, and be prepared to have endless energy!

Calories: 198
Fat: 7
Protein: 7
Fiber: 9
Sodium: 246
Carbs 30

Nutritional info acquired from My Fitness Pal

No comments:

Post a Comment