Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sleep:Rest:Siesta

Whatever your coin term is for lying still with your eyes closed in complete REM (rapid eye movement), YEP! that's describes me to a tee on Monday! As if the pizza binge last Friday wasn't bad enough, I topped it off with a high selection of poorly processed carbs on Saturday & Sunday while I was at work! (buhu)
By Monday, I felt horrible! No exercise, poor choices in non-nutritive food coupled with two 13 hr back-to-back shifts was enough to leave me feeling, well, pretty BLAH!!

Monday morning, when I finally did have the opportunity to rest, I took a Natrol Melatonin Fast Dissolve 5mg and boy, was I ever in for a sleep that has only been recorded in the history books beside the name "RIP Van Winkle". OMG!! I seriously slept for 19 hrs--one nine, nineteen,
diecinueve, the number before 20 and after 18. I woke up at midnight Monday and was awake for 2 hrs--reading--and then decided to take 1/2 of another Mel tab to go back to sleep as to return to my day schedule--yeah, that thing I call my real life!

I slept an additional 5 hrs, got up at 0700 and wondered what day it was. I had missed an entire day!!! I was determined not to miss Tuesday, so I took my K9s to the park for a pathetic excuse for a walk, only to yawn the entire time I was there! The drive home proved to be a challenge, as I nodded over the steering wheel. Luckily, I don't live that far from the local park.

I made it home in time for a 3 hr nap before dinner! WoW!! Talk about


I'm skipping tonight's dose. After looking at the website, I see it comes in different strengths. I can't imagine taking 10mg of this supplement!

I can say this about it--"It definitely works!"

No comments:

Post a Comment