Monday, May 9, 2011

Who Am I?

I am really not much of a blogger. But, since it is a fabulous way to keep track of success, why not!

First of all, I named this blog "Third Times a Ch*A*rm! b/c this is the 3rd time for me to be at my starting weight--which began on April 7, 2011--160.2 lbs! I have lost 20 lbs successfully by running and eating healthy 2 times previously; once in 1995--kept it off until 2004, then went to school--sat and ate and studied--gained it back, lost it again in 2006--kept it off, but over the last yr and a half have regained it back.

I am a Cardiac RN, specializing in Heart Failure and special interest in myocardial infarct (MI/Heart Attack).

I am the proud owner of 2 beloved k9s--Jaxon 13 and River 1.5 yrs! They are my "children" and most days--they are MY LIFE

I am an ex C25K running coach to a women's group in my area, but b/c of back injury about 4 yrs ago, I am not an active participant. I do still enjoy running very much, but am very slow and that is OKAY! Distance is really an unrealistic goal at this point--I have subluxation in my lower lumbar, my left leg is shorter than my right, and I have back injury from work and gardening!--but I would love to train again for a half marathon! I trained 2 yrs ago but further increased the stress on my lower back and had to quit (boo)

I am an avid Zumba participant and go 3-4x/week!

I love sarcasm and can usually find something in even the most unfavorable circumstances to laugh about. I am not easily offended and if you speak to me long enough, I am more than likely going to say something to get under your skin. I am highly opinionated. I have found most other people are too; they just have a way of keeping it to themselves! If you ask for my opinion, be prepared for what's on the other side! I am honest and do not make apologies for it!

I've been married to a supportive "sit on the bench and watch you" man for 8 yrs. As far as human children are concerned--we are no longer pursuing the issue of conception and are OKAY with this decision!


So, let's get this party started..uhm, yeah now that it's been a month and 1 day

4.7.11 Beginning Weight 160.2

5.8.11 Current Weight 157

Goal: 140 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment