Friday, January 15, 2016

A Few Recaps

My bio profile is quite outdated.

So, here is a recap of some major highlights since I last blogged.

In October 2014, I made a very heart-breaking decision to put my 18 yr old (at the time) K9--Jaxon--to sleep. To be extremely brief, it was his time.  I will always remember this sweet, sweet boy. He was the source of much happiness for me and my family for all of my adult life.


I could not image not have a proper funeral service for such an important part of our family. So, my sister, my mom, my dad, my MIL, and my mate all chipped in to bid him rest.

Handmade Safehaven for rest, made by my dad.
Handmade floral wreath, made by his Aunt Tammy
Jax went to sleep peacefully in the arms of his mom and dad Monday, October 13 @ 09:40am.


In January, 2013, I became the proud K9 mom to another rescued lab, a Redfox lab we named Kanu.
He is so loving and child-like, with a warm spirit. I cannot imagine our lives without him. He is very goofy and extremely spoiled!

 His first night with us.

 He loves to swim and play in the mud--and hunt anything moving, especially squirrels!

100% Lover and Cuddler


I cannot conclude this post without mentioning their sister, River. She is now 6 yrs old and the apple of my eye. I love her to pieces. She is loyal, a HUGE swimmer, hunter, and protector. She isn't much into cuddling unless she is completely worn out or afraid. She loved her big brother, Jax and tolerates her younger brother, Kanu. 

 My BIG girl at the beach, August 2015

 River missing her brother, 1 yr later, October 2015.

River and Kanu "Opposites Attract" skijoring, Colorado January 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment